Short-term major medical…
Low group rates. Choice of policy
options to fit your needs and budget.
- Coverage maximum varies from 1 to 11 months, depending on the state of residence.
- Pre-existing conditions are excluded (does not apply to newborn or newly adopted children added to coverage).
- 72-hour waiting period applies for illnesses when coverage is purchased within 3 days of the effective date. No waiting period applies to injuries.
- Not available in the state of Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Vermont
The policy does not cover pre-existing conditions* (including those not inquired about on the enrollment form), preventive or wellness doctor visits, dental or optical treatments, routine physical exams; normal pregnancy or childbirth; well child care; interscholastic and intercollegiate sports injuries, over-the-counter medications and outpatient prescription drugs; and expenses incurred outside the United States, its possessions or territories, or Canada.
* Pre-existing conditions refers to conditions for which you received medical treatment, diagnosis, care, or advice within a specific number of months immediately preceding your effective date. The “pre-ex” period will vary depending on the state in which this coverage is purchased. This exclusion does not apply to a newborn or newly adopted child who is added to coverage.
This is a partial list of exclusions and limitations. Please see the certificate for detailed information about these and other policy exclusions and limitations. Benefits, provisions, limitations, and exclusions may vary by state.
Talk to us
We can help determine if
GradMed is right for you.
Our licensed, non-commissioned agents are available to help weekdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET).